The A Team: Consists of Adam, Amber, Aidyn and Austin

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

1 month

So today marks one moth since our lives changed. I know I went to the ER on the 27th, but today marks 4 weeks. I can't believe it. It seems like the world has stood still for the last month, but at the same time so much has happened. As most of you know my MRI results came back clean. No tumors or evidence of seeding(the start of a tumor) were present anywhere on my spine or neck. I had my lumbar puncture done on Friday and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. The doctor that did it was amazing and made me feel very relaxed because he talked to me the entire time. We haven't gotten the results back yet but we should get them sometime this week or early next week. I also will be starting radiation next week, we aren't sure what day yet as we are waiting for a call from the radiation tech. It is going to be a long 6 weeks but I'm ready and I'm feeling pretty positive about it!
    So about a week ago Adam, my mom and I were talking. It is truly amazing how God has plans for you that you don't even think anything about until later. I say this because if it wasn't for a few things happening in the last 2 years things would be a lot worse then they are. Everyone knows  that Adam is in the Air Force. What you may not know is that joining the military isn't something he always wanted and wasn't something he even took a long time to think about. He woke up one day and decided he wanted to join so he asked me what I thought and I told him I supported him 100% in anything he wanted to do. After we got married(about a month after we talked about him joining) he went down and saw a recruiter. He was sworn in a month after that and was placed in the delayed entry program. This pretty much means he had to attend meetings once a month while he waited for a ship date for BMT. He wanted to go into the mental health field and he was told that jobs were hard to come by in that field and he probably wouldn't get a contract until March and probably wouldn't ship to bmt until May or later. Well then about a week before Christmas he got a phone call from his recruiter that he had an open mechanical contract with a ship date of Jan 26. We talked it over and finally decided that he should take it because he would be happy in a maintenance job. Fast forward 7 months to us moving to our first base. We weren't too thrilled to say the least. We were getting stationed at Holloman AFB which was in the middle of no where. Literally. As some of you know before Adam joined our insurance was crappy and didn't pay for jack shit. So what does this have to do with anything you ask? Well while we were talking it made us realize that if Adam hadn't decided to join we wouldn't have good insurance and there is no way we would be able to afford the care I was going to need. In case anyone was curious we are already pretty close to $200,000 if not more. Luckily since we have Tricare Prime, everything is covered 100%. Also, this horrible base? Turned out to be a blessing. Not only are the people here amazing (Not just the friends we have made but everyone in Adam's squadron),but the neurosurgeon that removed the tumor? Yea, he is ranked #1 in the country.  So this has taught us that even though we may not know God's plan for us or even that he plays a role in our decisions he always has a plan and we are just along for the ride. So I want everyone to remember that God has a plan for everyone and even if you don't like it know that he is putting you through certain things for a reason. Even if you don't learn what that reason is for years to come :)
  Lastly, it looks like shirts are going to be $15 plus shipping. Shipping is $4.95 through the post office if we use a flat rate envelope which we are thinking will hold 2 shirts. I am going to look at UPS and see if I can find anything cheaper. If anyone knows any good deals on shipping let me know :) I have set up an email account for sending orders and a paypal account. If you want them to make an order I'll give you the info. I'm not sure when we will place an order, but I'm hoping to do it before the holidays. Also, I have decided to donate the proceeds to the National Brain Tumor Association.


2 comments: