The A Team: Consists of Adam, Amber, Aidyn and Austin

Friday, October 14, 2011

The balls rolling

I thought I would just update everyone on appointments we have next week. First up is the mri of my spine. We go in on Monday at 1pm to have the mri done, not sure when we will get the results from it though. We go in Wednesday at 2:30 pm to get fitted for the lovely mask I get to wear during radiation and then I am scheduled at 4:15 for a ct scan that will be used for radiation planning. Pretty much means they will do a CT scan to get a picture of my brain so they know exactly what angles to "shoot" the radiation to ensure it hits all the right parts. I also want to add a picture of the mri that the doctor gave us on Wednesday. It is a side by side with the picture on the left being the mri that was taken before my surgery and the one on the right being the mri that was taken 24 hrs post op. You can't miss the tumor so I don't think I need to explain where it is. On the 2nd MRI though, the white you see they think is residual blood from the surgery. I will also add that even though it appears the tumor is on the left side it is a frontal view of my brain so everything is flipped and what appears to be left is actually my right side :)

No comments:

Post a Comment