The A Team: Consists of Adam, Amber, Aidyn and Austin

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Good news :)

So everyone is yelling at me because I haven't posted an update. Well, my last treatment was 12/13 and they told me to have a mri done the beginning of Jan. We went in the first week of Jan and had it done, but wouldn't get the results until the following week. I felt pretty confident going in to the mri and even better when the tech pulled me aside and said, "I see you don't get the official results until nest week so I want to tell you that even though I'm not a radiologist your mri looks way better than the one you had in October." Well, we went in the following week to get the results. Dr. Bernat tortured us and did a head to toe exam, then talked to us about how I was feeling. Finally after being in the room for 20 minutes he said, "So, you want your mri results?" I almost started crying when he said, "There is no sign of regrowth. The only thing I see is some minor swelling." The plan is a mri every 3 months for at least a year alternating between just brain mri's and full brain/spine mri's. We also saw the surgeon that same week. He weened me off my Keppra(anti-seizure med), told me that after I have been off for a full week I can drive again and said he doesn't need to see me until July unless something shows on the mri I have done in March. Adam has gone back to work, but he is only working half days until next week because he is worried about me having a seizure. I had a pretty nasty cold that I am finally over after almost a month and finally starting to get back to doing housewife/mom stuff. Up until this past week I still got tired easily and needed a nap, but I think I am finally able to take care of the boys all day and be okay. I am very excited to finally be able to get back doing normal things and not needing help. It is so great being able to pick up the kids too! We are trying to plan a trip home since I miss all of my family and we have a new niece to spoil. We aren't exactly sure when since it all depends on when Adam can get the time off. I will be sure to let everyone back home know when we know!

Oh yea--I always tell everyone I always go big or go home. Here is the proof. We asked the surgeon how many brain tumors like mine he has seen. He said out of his 20 years of practicing and 1000's of brain tumors he has worked with I am only the 3rd he has seen. I told Adam I just don't want anyone to copy me ;)

4 comments: