The A Team: Consists of Adam, Amber, Aidyn and Austin

Monday, April 18, 2011

First Post!

So I decided that I would start a blog so all of our family back home could keep up with our lives. I have never done a blog so bare with me until I get the hang of it! :)

So, Adam is working a crazy shift this week(what's new?). He has to be at work at 4:15 am which means he is ready for bed by 8 which wouldn't be so bad but, I can not fall asleep that early no matter how hard I try! The good thing is he is home by 1. But, the end of this week also marks the beginning of him working 12 hour shifts for the next week. The base has a big inspection so I won't be seeing much of him once that starts. Oh joy! Luckily next week we are having a lot of family come in for the little man's 2nd birthday! I can't believe it has been 2 years since we welcomed into our lives. Where is the pause button? I'm not ready for my baby to grow up!

He has changed so much in the last few months too. His vocabulary has exploded, very rarely does he say something that we don't understand now. Also, we have been working on potty training. We decided to take it at his pace to reduce the stress on all of us. He has been doing awesome! At first it seemed like a lost cause but the last few days have been awesome and he has only had a few accidents. Now, if we could just get him to understand that poop goes in the potty too!

Austin is good. He loves Aidyn and almost always stops crying if Aidyn starts talking to him. He is my little drama king though. He will fuss just so someone will look at him, even when nothing is wrong. He got shots today and he was a grump the rest of the day :(. Hopefully he feels better in the morning. I started him on solids this week since he was wanting to eat 6 oz every 3 hrs which apparently a lot for a 4 month old. He has loved his solids! He will eat an entire jar in minutes and scream until I give him the bottle. He is my little garbage disposal. Shockingly he isn't nearly as chubby as Aidyn always was, he is just long!

Lastly, I will tell you what I have been up to. I have been working hard at getting things together for little man's birthday party in between play dates and cleaning the house. I swear whoever said staying home full time was easy never lived with 3 boys and a dog! I'm sure living in the desert doesn't help since I have to dust every day thanks to the lovely dust storms we have on an almost daily basis. Mom, you wouldn't survive here since you hate dusting :). Well, that's all I got for today! I'll try to keep up with this as much as I can I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment